In order to take part in Longbow and Warbow shoots with the EKWS you will need to be insured. Insurance is annual and will form part of an annual membership fee. Insurance will cover not only archery but can also cover shooting and other country pursuits. We have secured a discount on the annual premium for EKWS members.
- £12 million Public Liability Cover
- £10,000 Personal Accident Cover£100,000 Legal Expenses Cover
- 24-Hour Revocation of Licence (Firearms or Shotgun Certificate) and Legal Advice Helpline
- FREE Personal Accident and Injury Solicitors Service
- FREE Consultation with Specialist Firearms Solicitor
About the EKWS
The East Kent Warbow Society was borne out of an idea to hold a medieval archery shoot in Kent. With the closure of some groups / societies and others being too far away. We decided to create something in Kent that catered for the older type of bow and the heavier poundage bows. Jason from Canterbury Medieval Combat and Nick from Classic Bowyer set about putting this together. It has taken us a while to find at site and also get through COVID restrictions.
We intend to run monthly shoots on the 3rd Sunday of the month at the Kent Country Showground at Detling. There will be a roving marks shoot and a flight distance shoot. There will be a friendly little competition too.
Please note – after you have purchased you membership you will be send a form to complete so we can lodge your membership with the insurer.